ESH Community is a fully residential safe and supported setting where residents are encouraged to explore and understand the underlying causes of their addictive behaviour, away from everyday distractions.
Professional and peer support helps to develop our resident's confidence, regain self esteem and self-belief to achieve an abstinent life with meaning and purpose, moving from dependence to independence.
The community works in groups through a 7 day week structured programme of recovery activities, all residents are required to actively participate.
We believe in an holistic approach to recovery which addresses mental, physical and spiritual health. Our programme is client focussed and resident's recovery plans are jointly reviewed and agreed to meet the differing needs.
Our programme includes:-
- Daily structured programme of education and awareness group activity sessions including; effects of alcohol and drugs, relapse prevention, looking at change, self awareness, understanding anxiety, stress, depression, health and nutrition
- Regular one-to-one counselling with our experienced addiction counsellors
- Introduction to the 12 step programme of recovery and attendance at AA/NA and other fellowship meetings
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Daily therapeutic duties around the house, allotment and in the grounds
- Gym, swimming and sauna at the local leisure centre
- Specialist auricular acupuncture for detox and addiction
- Walking and other outdoor activities
Residents are always escorted by staff members when they are off-site at meetings or activities such as gym and walking sessions.
There is a comprehensive aftercare programme included with all rehab placements which includes follow-up counselling sessions, telephone support and regular on-going aftercare groups supported by staff and other ex residents.
We also offer peer mentoring which can provide some additional support during the critical period when residents leave the rehab treatment centre.
There is also a range of support available from external specialist organisations to assist with housing, debt, employment and benefit issues.